I get calls all the time from prospective clients asking what I charge to design a website. They tell me they’re shopping around and want to make sure they don’t spend too much. My advice is simple: Don’t leave your website design up to someone else! You’ve invested money in this business and it’s important that you protect your investment.
with us you are always in safe hands, A fancy website isn’t all you need. You want your site to be functional, and reflective of the image that you’re trying to project.
Having a well-designed website is crucial for businesses across most industries. It can be tempting to save some money and build a website yourself, but you’ll always get a better finished project when you work with experts. Here are five reasons to leave web development to the strong pros
It Saves You Time And Effort, and You Make More Money Later
One of the quickest responses we get when we ask people why they built a website by themselves is “I wanted to say money and web developers are expensive.” We won’t sit here and tell you that’s untrue, but more and more digital marketing agencies are offering web design for very reasonable prices.
In terms of the argument, we do have some rebuttals.
1) Yes, you you will save money, but how many hours did you or your team have to slave over the site you built?
2) Is the site going to perform well and earn you money in the long run?
And 3) Your website is the first impression you leave on many people, so don’t you want it to be as great as possible? As a business owner, you will always be looking for ways to cut costs and we understand that completely.
However, with something as essential as a website, you want to put your best foot forward. The goal of a website is to attract new customers to your business. Typically, your site aims to make sales or generate leads. If you have a less-than-stellar site because you built it yourself without the proper knowledge behind design, you may not make those sales or collect any leads. In contrast, professionally-built websites will be designed based on what the experts know works to get consumers’ attention. Yes, you will have to pay more upfront, but you’ll make it all back when the results start to flow in! Find a digital marketing agency that offers reasonable web development packages to avoid paying $1000s like you will with some web specialists while still getting a new site that will help you reach and exceed your goals.
with website design You Are Not Limited By Site Builders
If you’re starting a small business and you want a website design, site builders aren’t a bad option. They take most of the coding work out of building a site so that just about anyone can have something presentable. That being said, these site builders have limited customizability and functionality, especially if you aren’t familiar with coding. As your business grows in size and popularity, you’ll find that your DIY site isn’t cutting it. There are some “pro plans” on builder sites that would let you do more, but the easiest option for you is to hand the reins over to a professional web design team.
Depending on the package and the team, you could have limitless possibilities for what your site does and how it looks (more on custom content later). We do want to mention that site builders like Wix, SquareSpace, Shopify, etc have all made creating websites much more accessible to those that previously didn’t have the option, but they’re not meant to support top-tier, one-of-a-kind websites – at least not without fiddling around with the code. Most of the time, a digital marketing agency or web developer can take over your site where it is hosted, or can “copy and paste” it to their company builder or their own coding platform. All your effort won’t be lost, it will just be taken somewhere else that gives you more freedom to change it up in the website design
They Know How To Optimize Your Site
One of the best things you can do for your website is optimize it. There are several different layers to optimization to consider, many of which are challenging to accomplish if you aren’t familiar with web design.
- SEO Optimization: SEO is Search Engine Optimization. SEO Optimization involves making sure that every page on your website includes keywords relevant to your business, proper headings, page descriptions, and more. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to site SEO, and it’s a skill acquired over a period of time. Many site builders give you SEO settings or something similar, but if you don’t know what to look for, how can you be sure the SEO is truly optimized? Depending on the team you work with, there may be a person whose entire job it is to check SEO on client websites. Having your pages SEO optimized will help your site rank higher on Google when someone searches for a relevant keyword. SEO is a long-term game that gets better over time and you don’t need to put any money behind it like you do for Google Ads!
- Mobile Optimization: Mobile traffic accounts for roughly half of all web traffic worldwide. With stats like that, it’s very clear that your website needs to be useable on phones. This type of optimization is particularly tricky on many website builders because changing the size or padding on one device will affect it on the others as well. In many cases, you’ll need proper coding to make a truly mobile-optimized site. Backgrounds and other visuals need to size down correctly, text needs to be laid out properly, and everything needs to be readable at the smaller mobile size. Digital marketing agencies and other web designers can make the transition from desktop to mobile view seamless to ensure that no matter how people view your site, they’re getting the best possible user experience.
- Browser Optimization: The sad reality is that not everyone uses the same browser. As such, you want to make sure that your website is compatible to all the browsers you can think of. Google Chrome is a must have as well as Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Some widgets or elements may not be supported by all browsers, and occasionally pre-made templates will not translate well from one to the next. It’s up to your digital marketing agency or web designer to make your site look and perform wonderfully on any and all browsers it comes across. Trust us – even the best developer can get a headache trying to make sites compatible across browsers!
- Loading Optimization: Lastly, you need to focus on loading optimization. Essentially, you need to be sure that your site loads up quickly. In today’s age, people expect a site to load in no more than 2 seconds! In order to make that happen, you need to know how to balance the visuals and files you embed into the pages. Website builders have tips and tricks to shorten load time that you may not be aware of if you build a site by yourself. Two seconds is a very short window to get everything up and running, so leave it to the pros whenever possible.
Maintenance and Changes Are Quick And Easy with website design
One of the best things about going to a digital marketing agency for website design is that they will also maintain it for you. Many agencies will allow a specific number of changes each month as well. This makes it far more convenient for you to update your site, and there’s a team of experts ready to pounce if something goes awry. When you work with a team and big updates occur in terms of capabilities or policies, they can get to work right away. Implementing changes may take a few days based on their schedule, but they tend to happen much more quickly and efficiently than those done as a DIY. Maintenance fees are typically very reasonable, especially considering the headaches they can save you should something happen. If your e-commerce store crashes or your visitors get 404 pages, the web development team can jump in and troubleshoot for you. Some agencies allow for Rushed Requests if you need a change done within the business day, but be sure to read your contract to check. Having the option to change your website as you go is fantastic because you can update products, prices, information, and more. However, please refrain from “changing” so many things that you end up with a new site! We promise that your team won’t enjoy those requests.
They Can Build Custom Content
Lastly, as we briefly touched on before, web designers and digital marketing agencies can offer custom content on your site that a website builder never could. Anything involving complex code with multiple levels of logic will more than likely require a professional to accomplish. Things like animations, difficult integrations, popups, event-based actions, and more can all fall under the custom category. Following 2020, the digital realm is more saturated than ever, so you want your website to stand out. Custom widgets and elements are a great way to do that and make the site memorable. These bells and whistles are particularly important if you want to sell yourself as tech-savvy, modern, innovative, or groundbreaking. It’s not hard to convince visitors that you are any and all of those things when they click into a custom page that has lines upon lines of code involved. Of course, if you want to feature custom content on your website, you should be willing to invest a bit more into it. Custom sites can take weeks or months to build from scratch, and each team member will spend hours coding for you. It’s only fair that custom sites cost a bit more. As we said in Reason #1 however, you can expect a huge return on investment. The nicer the website the more traction it will get. More visits = more customers = more profit!
If you’re a brand-new business then DIY websites may work for you. As you grow and get ready to reach more people, we strongly suggest trusting your site in the hands of professionals. We can match colors, fonts, styles, layouts, and more so that the finished product is exactly how you picture it in your head. Digital agency click has designed dozens of websites in the past few years ranging from single-page landing pages to multi-location connected site systems. We offer three levels of customization to fit your needs and our budget. While you’re here, we can also handle your social media posting, digital ads, SEO blogging, and more! As a full-service digital marketing agency, we offer all the essential services under one roof. Contact us today at digital agency click to get started! We’d be happy to send over some examples of websites we’ve built in the past. We hope to hear from you soon!